Thursday 12 July 2012

Around Thika in Kenya

I had the pleasure of visiting good friends near Thika in Kenya in June 2011.


Thika is around a one hour drive from Nairobi .


Patrick and his wife Esther stay in a rural area but work in town.





He still helps his Mum with her small piece of land.





Mum is such a lovely lady and I spoke to her in my broken Swahili and greeted her every morning


"habari yako Mama" ..How are you Mum





Life can be very tough in the rural Kenya





But smiling faces are usually around to brighten any day.




For many the bicycle is the only affordable transport.





Maize is one of the main cash crops . My Son,Emmy ,came all the way from Uganda to meet me at Patrick's place.







This is one of my favourite photos , i took this at 14falls ..quite close to where i was staying.




Walking back to the motor bike stand , on the way home from church.





We had just stopped for some butcher meat on the way home and these kids came right up to the car window. The faces are so full of wonder..who is this Mzungu ..(white man) !!??




No comments:

Post a Comment